SOLWODI is the abbreviation of “SOLidarity with WOmen in DIstress“
SOLWODI is a non-partisan and non-denominational organization for migrant and refugee women in distress, and a specialized counseling center for victims of human trafficking and other forms of gender-based violence, exploitation and human rights violations.
SOLWODI Berlin’s target group are particularly vulnerable migrant and refugee women with focus on African women and victims of human trafficking.
Our aims are:
- Promoting our clients’ security, stability, social inclusion, self-efficacy and participation as well as strengthening their identity
- Promoting a peaceful coexistence through culturally sensitive, anti-discrimination and human-rights based work
- Encouraging client participation and developing their resources through networking.
Founding Members and Board of Management
- Gudrun Angelis
- Lissy Eichert UAC
- Sr. Margit Forster
- Monika Grötzinger
- Klaudia Höfig
- Prof. Barbara John
- Dr. Susanna Kahlefeld, MdA
- Pfr. Martin Kalinowski
- Sr. Mabel Mariotti
- Pater Frido Pflüger SJ
- Dr. h.c. Wolfgang Thierse, Bundestagspräsident a. D.
- Prof. Dr. Birgit Thoma
- Dr. Martin Thoma
- Traudl Vorbrodt
Members of the management board
- Chairwoman: Margit Forster, SOLWODI Berlin e. V.
- Deputy Chairwoman: Gudrun Angelis, SOLWODI Deutschland e. V.
- Deputy Chairwoman: Klaudia Höfig, IPZ Berlin