SOLWODI is the abbreviation of “SOLidarity with WOmen in DIstress“
SOLWODI is a non-partisan and non-denominational organization for migrant and refugee women in distress, and a specialized counseling center for victims of human trafficking and other forms of gender-based violence, exploitation and human rights violations.
SOLWODI Berlin’s target group are particularly vulnerable migrant and refugee women with focus on African women and victims of human trafficking.
Our aims are:
- Promoting our clients’ security, stability, social inclusion, self-efficacy and participation as well as strengthening their identity
- Promoting a peaceful coexistence through culturally sensitive, anti-discrimination and human-rights based work
- Encouraging client participation and developing their resources through networking.
SOLWODI Berlin e.V.
Members of the management board (since September 2020)
- Chairwoman: Prof. Dr. Christine Funk
- Deputy Chairwoman: Dr. Susanna Kahlefeld, MdA
- Deputy Chairwoman: Sr. Annette Fleischhauer, SSpS
- Dr. Sylvester Ajunwa
- Gudrun Angelis
- Lissy Eichert
- Annette Fleischhauer
- Prof. Dr. Christine Funk
- Monika Grötzinger
- Klaudia Höfig
- Prof. Barbara John
- Dr. Susanna Kahlefeld, MdA
- Martin Kalinowski
- Dr. Martina Köppen
- Beatrice (Mabel) Mariotti
- Frido Pflüger
- Dr. h.c. Wolfgang Thierse, Bundestagspräsident a. D.
- Prof. Dr. Birgit Thoma
- Dr. Martin Thoma
- Traudl Vorbrodt